Thursday, August 8, 2013

Meet Our New LOGOS Director, Deb Hamblin!


Dear Logos Parents,

I want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Deb Hamblin and I am your new LOGOS Director. I look forward to getting to know you and your children this coming year, and sharing with them the love of God.

Let me share a little about myself with you. I have been married to my husband, John, for 23 years and we have three wonderful children. Nathan is 19 and attends Valley Forge Christian College working toward a degree in Digital Media. Michael is 17. He will be attending Butler Community College this year and then will be transferring to Waynesburg University to study Criminal Justice. Last, but not least, my daughter, Elizabeth, is 15 and will be entering 10th grade. 

Since graduating from college in 1987, I have worked continually in Children’s or Youth Ministry in one capacity or another. Some of my work experiences that have equipped me to be your LOGOS director are:
  • Co-Director of the North Pittsburgh Homeschool Enrichment Program - I coordinate and direct a bi-weekly, volunteer-based, Christian education program for preschool through secondary education students that supports parents and students through providing a variety of classes covering both core curriculum and supplemental courses.
  • Childcare coordinator for a drug and alcohol recovery program - In this program I oversaw the planning and execution of a children’s program supporting, encouraging and showing God’s love to children of families effected by addiction.
I am looking forward to using my skills and talents along side of the rest of the team, to reach kids of this community with the good news of Jesus Christ and enable them to reach others for the kingdom of God.

---------------------------

Come say "Hi" to Deb this Sunday morning at Heritage Church. Deb will be conducting a Parent's Meeting and volunteer training on Wednesday, August 28th. More details to come. Watch your mailbox or check back here. We are going to have a great year!

0 comments: